- Posted by: Andrew Berry
- Category: webinars
Recording Date: Wednesday, October 14, 2020
With commercial market insurance rates hardening, many insureds are looking to captives as a potential solution. While captives have frequently been used for longer-tail risks, they can also be effective for property risks which have a shorter tail and higher severity lower frequency profile. They may even provide an answer to funding losses from lockdowns similar to the Covid-19 restrictions. In this webinar we look at the current state of the commercial property market and how captives can be used in a property program, including:
- Smoothing retentions through deductible buy-down captive programs
- Accessing the property reinsurance market through a captive
- Funding infrequent property losses on a tax efficient basis
- Building capacity for difficult to place property risks, such as business interruption from public health ordinances
- Filling gaps in layers of a property program
- Using captives for terrorism risks
The webinar is suitable forcurrent and prospective captive owners who are interested in exploring alternative ways to insure property risk.
John Warnet, Senior Account Manager, FM Global, New York. John is the manager and team leader for a book of business, serving as FM Global’s primary contact with clients and brokers. He has 25 years’ experience with FM Global, serving in both account management and loss prevention roles. John earned a B.S. in Electrical Engineering and holds a Professional Engineer license in the State of Connecticut.
Jesse Olsen, Director, Strategic Risk Solutions. Jesse is responsible for delivering the firm’s captive consulting services primarily in the central United States including conducting feasibility studies, supporting implementation, and guiding redomestications. Jesse has been in the risk financing and captive consulting industry since 2006.