Recording Date: Wednesday, April 22, 2020
As many individuals, businesses and non profits face the economic consequences of the Covid-19 pandemic, how if at all can your captive insurance company provide relief? In this webinar we address this question from a number of different angles to determine how a captive could respond to the pandemic. Specific questions considered include:
- To what extent will traditional insurance policies provide coverage for some clients? Might captive programs provide coverage and where?
- Is it too late to be providing insurance protection against the volatility of potential economic outcomes from the Covid-19 pandemic?
- How can pandemic risks be priced from an actuarial point of view given their low frequency high severity characteristics?
- What are the best options to access captive surplus to cover potential losses from Covid-19 claims?
- What role should captives and the insurance industry play in providing a risk financing solution to a pandemic? Is a TRIA type program viable?
This webinar is suitable for existing captive owners and advisors as well as risk financing professionals with clients affected by the Covid-19 pandemic.
Brady Young, President, Strategic Risk Solutions. Brady has over 30 years’ experience consulting to captives. He has been involved in the formation of numerous captives and has provided strategic and operational consulting to many of SRS’s clients. He has led SRS and its captive services for the past 25 years.
Joel Chansky, Principal and Consulting Actuary, Milliman. Joel provides loss reserving, premium reserving, valuation studies, funding studies for captives and self-insureds, rate filing reviews for regulatory authorities, and expert testimony. He specializes in alternative market issues and has assisted with the formation and/or ongoing actuarial needs of many self-insurers, captive insurers, and risk retention groups.
Read Davis, President, McGriff, Seibels & Williams of GA. Read leads the Georgia operations of McGriff as well as the firm’s corporate real estate practice group. He has over 25 years’ experience in designing complex risk financing transactions. In addition to real estate, Read specializes in the private equity, manufacturing and health care industries.