We are looking for an accounting graduate to join our Charleston, SC team. The successful candidate will assist in managing the financial and regulatory affairs of a portfolio of captive insurance companies, including single parent and group captive insurance companies and related financial entities.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Preparing and maintaining accounting records and work papers.
- Processing cash and investment transactions and reconciling account balances.
- Assisting in the preparation of regulatory filings including NAIC Statements.
- Co-ordination of the audit of client companies.
- Preparing financial statements.
- Managing workflow across multiple captive insurance company accounts.
Attributes and Skills
- Bachelors degree in accounting or concentration in accounting.
- Strong finance and quantitative skills
- Self-motivation with the ability to work effectively as part of a team or on individually assigned tasks in a fast-paced dynamic environment where superior time management and prioritization of skills are essential.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Previous accounting experience a plus, but not necessary.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to enroll in and complete the Associate in Captive Insurance or equivalent designation.
Compensation and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including life, medical, dental, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, 401k, profit participation and tuition reimbursement.
To apply for this position, please email your resume to Andrew Berry