We are looking for a computer science with an interest in accounting to provide support to its account teams in the implementation and use of General Ledger, Office 365 and other software to improve business processes and efficiencies. This entry level position will be based in either our Charleston, SC or Burlington, VT office with occasional travel to other SRS offices. In-depth training will be provided in the general ledger and related software with a view to the successful applicant becoming a super user in the software.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Participate in the core project team designing, maintaining and administering the GeneralLedger system for use across client accounts.
- Assist in building standardized working papers in excel using VBA programming
- Work with individual account teams to implement the General Ledger system in theirbusinesses including converting prior working paper and reporting formats to the newsystem.
- Work with the project team and outside consultants to design and build custom reportsfrom the General Ledger system using an Excel add-in and VBA.
- Design and build account specific workflows in the system.
- Migration of data from the prior General Ledger system to the current.
- Provide support and training to account teams in the use of the General Ledger and Office365 software.
- Assist in the on-boarding of new clients including the set-up and configuration of software,conversion of working papers to SRS standards and the creation of custom reports.
- Evaluate complementary software programs for use in conjunction with the GeneralLedger system including Accounts Payable automation tools
- Participate in integration projects between different software programs.
Attributes and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems, minor in Accounting orequivalent fields preferred.
- Strong interest and motivation in the use of software to improve accounting and otherbusiness processes.
- Proficiency with Microsoft products including Excel and office products. Some knowledge ofSQL database products and Office 365 (SharePoint, Teams, Flow) preferred but notessential.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills with the drive and curiosity to learn more.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
Compensation and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including life, medical, dental, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, 401k, profit participation and tuition reimbursement.
To apply for this position, please email your resume to Lynn Gray