We are looking for an experienced insurance accounting professional to join our East coast servicing team. The successful candidate will manage the financial and regulatory affairs of a portfolio of captive insurance companies and risk retention groups. The position will be based in our Burlington VT office or one of our other Eastern US offices (DC, North Carolina, South Carolina or Tennessee).
Responsibilities and Duties
- Preparing financial statements.
- Preparation of regulatory filings including NAIC Statements and premium tax returns.
- Peer review of financial statements prepared by others.
- Oversight and training of junior staff.
- Managing client communications.
- Co-ordination of the audit of client companies.
- Preparing for and presenting at Board of Director meetings.
- Managing workflow across multiple captive insurance company and risk retention group accounts.
- Acting as liaison between the captive, its owners, insureds and service providers.
Attributes and Skills
- A minimum of 5 years insurance accounting experience.
- GAAP and statutory accounting experience.
- Experience managing the accounting needs of risk retention groups or commercial insurance companies including the preparation of financial statements, regulatory filings and premium tax returns.
- Comprehensive and up-to-date technical knowledge and practical experience of insurance accounting.
- Self-motivation with the ability to work effectively as part of a team or on individually assigned tasks in a fast paced dynamic environment where superior time management and prioritization of skills are essential.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Accounting degree or equivalent.
Compensation and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including life, medical, dental, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, 401k, profit participation and tuition reimbursement.
To apply for this position, please email your resume to Andrew Berry