We are looking for a Microsoft Office 365 (O365) specialist to fully implement the company’s use of O365 applications and manage the O365 platform going forward. The company is currently in the process of moving from traditional server infrastructure (on premise and hosted) to the use O365 principally through OneDrive, SharePoint and Teams. The company has already migrated to Outlook through O365. This position will be responsible for the governance, security and administrative design of the O365 platform within the business and for managing the migration from the current infrastructure environment to O365. Longer-term we see this position as a key senior member of the firm’s IT team.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Design governance structure for O365 groups including the use of SharePoint and Teams for both internal account teams and sharing with clients. Administer O365 groups and user access to the system.
- Establish and oversee infrastructure set-up for new SRS businesses using SharePoint file storage and structure and supporting O365 applications.
- Design and implement state of the art security within the O365 infrastructure. Manage security monitoring on the platform.
- Develop standard channel and folder structures and design workflow for the automation of tasks between internal and external Teams and SharePoint sites.
- Manage the migration of file storage for existing SRS businesses from current server locations to SharePoint.
- Develop and present best practices in the use of Teams, SharePoint and Office 365 Platform Services across all organizational levels.
- Function as Subject Matter Expert (SME) on SharePoint, OneDrive, Teams and other O365 applications.
- Provide and/or co-ordinate end user support in the use of the O365 platform and applications, including the provision of training materials in the use of O365 applications.
- Advise on the use of other O365 applications, including PowerBI, Flow, Yammer and Planner.
Attributes and Skills
- 3+ years of technical experience supporting Office 365 as a solutions architect or administrator (Outlook, SharePoint, Teams, OneDrive, Planner, etc.).
- A thorough command of core Microsoft cloud technologies, including Office 365, Azure AD, OneDrive, Teams, and SharePoint Online.
- Previous experience migrating organizations to Office 365, including planning and managing the migration.
- Certification as solutions architect and/or enterprise administrator for Microsoft Office 365 technologies or equivalent
- PowerShell scripting expertise within Office 365 / Azure AD / Teams / SharePoint
- At least basic knowledge of PowerBI and other O365 applications. Willingness and ability to expand knowledge in these areas will be required.
- A proven ability to communicate effectively and effectively support end users on the O365 platform.
- Strong self-management and motivation with the ability to work effectively in a small office environment.
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Technology or equivalent
Compensation and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including life, medical, dental, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, 401k, profit participation and tuition reimbursement.
To apply for this position, please email your resume to Lynn Gray.