We are looking for an experienced professional to oversee our Human Resources function, including recruiting, onboarding, development and performance management, payroll and benefits administration and policy development and implementation, and employee ownership and perpetuation. This position will be responsible for HR activities across all locations, both US and international and report to the SRS COO.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Recruiting: Working with the business units, improve our recruiting program to ensure a consistent pool of available candidates in our specialist area of insurance accounting and captive management.
- Professional Development: fully implement a firm-wide employee professional growth and development program. This should build-off current initiatives to meet development needs at all levels of the organization. Implement a leadership development program and work with the business units to develop succession plans for key individuals.
- Performance Management: Oversee and co-ordinate our performance management processes, including performance reviews, promotions and compensation reviews. Provide advice on handling performance issues and other employment situations requiring detailed knowledge of applicable laws and regulations.
- Payroll and Benefits Administration: Oversee the US PEO relationship and evaluate enhancements to this relationship, including supplementary benefit opportunities. Review payroll activity and assist in administering the 401k plan. Manage the company’s wellness program and its interaction with company provided health insurance.
- Employee policies: Maintain and improve our US employee policies, including internal policies and the employee handbook. Monitor adherence to these policies when appropriate and help international offices to implement equivalent policies.
- Employee Ownership and Perpetuation: in conjunction with the senior management of the firm, assist in the design and implementation of compensation and ownership structures to perpetuate the firm as an independent, employee-owned company.
Attributes and Skills
- At least 5-10 years of progressive and general HR experience demonstrating the capability to resolve complex organizational or employee relations issues.
- Knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks, and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Experience establishing a HR function or working in an environment where you were the sole operator for core HR areas or worked as part of small team.
- High ethical standards.
- Strong analytic skills with an ability to translate business plans and goals into human resource capabilities needed to achieve results.
- Strong self-management and motivation with the ability to work effectively in a small office environment.
- A proven ability to communicate effectively and influence all levels of staff.
- Be adept at handling multiple competing priorities and duties in a fast-paced, results-oriented, and rapidly changing environment.
- Experience working with distributed teams including a demonstrated ability to build trusted relationships with local business units.
- A bachelors degree or equivalent HR related designation.
Compensation and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including life, medical, dental, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, 401k, profit participation and tuition reimbursement.
To apply for this position, please email your resume to Andrew Berry.