We are looking for an experienced insurance accounting professional to join our Burlington, Vermont office. The successful candidate will manage the financial and regulatory affairs of a portfolio of captive insurance companies and risk retention groups.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Preparing financial statements.
- Maintaining accounting records and work papers.
- Preparation of regulatory filings.
- Managing client communications.
- Co-ordination of the audit of client companies.
- Preparing for and attending Board of Director meetings.
- Managing workflow across multiple captive insurance company and risk retention group accounts.
- Acting as liaison between the captive, its owners, insured and service providers.
Attributes and Skills
- A minimum of five years insurance accounting experience.
- Experience with GAAP.
- Experience managing the accounting needs of captive insurers, risk retention groups or commercial insurance companies including the prepartion of financial statements, regulatory filings and premium tax returns.
- Comprehensive and up-to-date technical knowledge and practical experience in insurance accounting.
- Self-motivation with the ability to work effectively as part of a team or on individually assigned tasks in a fast-paced dynamic environment where superior time management and prioritization of skills are essential.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Accounting degree or equivalent.
Compensation and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including life, medical, dental, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, 401k, profit participation and tuition reimbursement.
To apply for this position, please email your resume to Andrew Berry