SRS is the world’s leading independently owned captive management firm. We operate in leading US, Europe and international domiciles. SRS has been managing captives in major domiciles worldwide since 1993. We are domicile-neutral and have the expertise to manage captives in any of the leading onshore or offshore domiciles, as well as Europe.
At SRS, we believe in partnering with captive owners to ensure that recommended solutions are practical, implemented effectively and deliver long term value to their sponsors. We combine high quality captive management services with strong consulting support to create an effective captive management relationship.
We have formed and managed a variety of different captive types and structures, including:
- Single parent captives
- Association or group captives
- Risk retention groups
- Agency captives
- Rent-a-captives, sponsored captives, segregated account and protected cell companies. SRS also offers a variety of owned cell facilities for use by our clients.
- Commercial insurance and reinsurance companies
We have experience handling different ownership structures including stock companies, mutuals, reciprocals, limited liability companies and non-profit captives.
Captives are most commonly used to insure primary casualty coverages (workers compensation, general liability and automobile). SRS has experience forming and managing many captives insuring these lines either as reinsurance or under a deductible reimbursement structure. We also have extensive experience in other lines of coverage and their use within captives.
- Professional liability
- Medical malpractice, both hospital and physician liability
- Property insurance, including the use of captives for terrorism and catastrophe coverages
- Medical stop loss
- Group Life, LTD and other Employee benefits
- Cyber liability
- Reputation and enterprise risk coverages
No matter what comes up, SRS always has an expert available in the particular issue or topic.
One thing we want from our captive manager is the knowledge they have regarding what others in our space are doing, best practices, new approaches to common issues and problems, and benchmarking. It is rare to find a captive manager who is willing, or able, to bring this knowledge to the table. SRS does and does it well.